Re: Scwawcaac: I need a little more on apps available for Linux

> After Corel Linux 1.0 had been out a while, I saw some copies at my
> local Costco warehouse for ~$25 (US).  It included WP 8.1 with a hefty
> manual as well as a nice little Tux figure which I have sitting on top
> of my computer (I tossed the rest of the package).  WP 8.1 is in
> .deb format (wp-full 8.1-12) and runs just fine on my woody system.  It
> does not require wine, but depends on both libc5 and libc6, which I
> find a bit strange:
>
> Depends: libc5 (>= 5.4.0-0), libc6, xlib6g, type1inst

hi

i had bought corel office 2000 ($100) and was absolutely unable to get it
to function with any stability on r/h 7.2.  support was wishful thinking.
i have used v7 for ages on another 7.1 box but could not get it to run
either on later versions.

the big pain is that i have all kinds of important list-related stuff on
the word 7 system.  i was bracing myself for a long and painful transition
to star office 6 next month.

is that deb anywhere other than on your cd???

thank you

dave

 --
Dave Mallery, K5EN  (r/h 7.2 krud; debian woody)
PO Box 520

no gates                     .~.
  no windows...              /V\
                            /( )\
running GNU/Linux           ^^-^^  (Linux TM Linus Torvalds)
  free at last!