Re: Scwawcaac: I need a little more on apps available for Linux

--

I don't know anything about publishing and page layout, but since not
many have answered...

I've seen comments from people in the field that Linux is definitely
just "not there yet". Others prefer TeX, LaTeX, etc, and those will
swear by them & say it's the only way.

If you want something like PageMaker, Quark, or whatever, I think you'll
have to wait. Adobe FrameMaker is available for Unix, but AFAIK it's
just on Solaris & a couple of the other "big" *nix's.

I saw something quite recently about a project to produce a Linux
competitor to theses type programs, but I don't think they've released
anything yet & unfortunately I forget the name.

There is also Deneba Canvas, and KDE's KWord probably claims to be in
this league.

-CraigW

"You stole fizzy lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has
to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!"
	-Willy Wonka