Scwawcaac: I need a little more on apps available for Linux

I require a professional quality publishing package for Linux before I can install the Operating System.  It mus be able to handle page layout for paper publishing, preferably in a way like Q&A Write 3.0 for Windows by Symantec.  I understand that Word Perfect may be available to fill this need, but I wanted to see if there was another application constructed to perform an identical task in this environment.

Also, we need to be able to use the modem.  How would it be set up once the O/S is installed?

->Scwawcaac<-