Re: [headed OT] Re: scripting

begin  John S. J. Anderson quotation:

> I'm confused by the above statement. Canceling out the double
> negative, I get
>
>   "that is the definition most people mean when they know enough to
>   call non-scripting 'programming'".

You cannot cancel two negatives out of sentence by merely assuming each
cancels the other.  Whomever taught you that rule needs to be coaching
instead of teaching.

"don't know enough not to" means "if you knew more, you wouldn't".

People who don't know enough not to think "programming" is a seperate
set than "scripting", as opposed to a superset of it, wouldn't think
that if they knew more.

--
Shawn McMahon                    | McMahon's Laws of Linux support:
http://www.eiv.com               | 1) There's more than one way to do it