[headed OT] Re: scripting

jeff <jmr71769@earthlink.net> writes:

> when would you use programming as opposed to scripting?

Well, before I answer that, define, if you would, the difference
between "programming" and "scripting". (Warning: I don't think there's
much of one, if any.)

In my mind, your earlier question was a "programming" question, in
that it could be effectively answered without "scripting" anything --
no other apps were being driven by the Perl that I and others
wrote. The fact that the code was in Perl doesn't make it
"scripting".

YMMV.

john.
--
genehack.com * weblog == ( bioinfo / linux / opinion / stuff ) * daily *

Each module should do one thing well.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)