Another question about the VIA AC97 sound device.

After searching on groups.google.com, the only semi-helpful hit has been to
ensure that the via82cxxx_audio is installed.  I have done that.  I have also
tried to configure the sound card through alsaconf.

Here's the problem: When I try and run xmms, it opens up and tries to run (no
complaints about not finding an audio device), but then it won't proceed
through the audio file.  The same thing happens when I try and run mpg123 from
the command line.  The id3 stuff comes up, but then nothing happens.  Finally,
I <CTRL>-C out of it, and mpg123 says that it's decoded 0 frames.

Can anybody tell me what's going on and, better yet, how to fix it?

Thanks.

Stephen W. Juranich                             sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering             http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington                http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/ssli

 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN   ||  NO ATTACHMENTS
  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL       ||  NO STATIONERY
 / \  AND POSTINGS            ||  NO GRAPHICS