Re: Newbie:dpkg,dselect,apt?

At 10:50 07/04/02 -0700, you wrote:
>>>>> "gob" == gob  <gob@subdimension.com> writes:

    gob> If all else fails, I'll see my brother about Woody CD
    gob> upgrades.

If that means that you're certain you're running something older than
Woody, then I'd suggest you upgrade to Woody before you do anything

The happy sequel to this involves 8 shiny new Woody CDs, reinitialisation/installation, addition of a specific driver for my chipset, custom XFree86Config-4 and I'm got a GUI!! Thank you for guidance, Hans, Eric and Kent. Now I can begin to rise to the Linux challenge at last!

Tim