Re: Woody???

Rehi!

Replying to my own post since I forgot to mention something. I will leave
the quote intact so that if someone is looking for it in the archive has
access to the full piece of advice. Ok, here's what I forgot to mention:

As far as I remember, X has been kept back during the update, so after
uprading I still had the old X11 (3.3.6). So I

- uninstalled the old X stuff (xserver-svga and xserver-vga16,
  xserver-common-v3, maybe also a few others; don't recall exactly)

  You can get a list of the old installed X packages by typing

  dpkg -l | grep xserver

- Kept looking for the new one (4.1.0) by doing

  apt-cache search --names-only xserver

  ===> xserver-xfree86 seemed new to me, so I looked at it more closely by
       issuing

  apt-cache show xserver-xfree86

  which revealed the new version number

- installed the new XFree86 by issuing

  apt-get install xserver-xfree86

Hope this will be helpful to users wanting to upgrade to Woody. (I also
took the time to write this to prevent unecessary and unjustified attacks
against the other subscribers as recently done by Matthias).

Greetings,

	Holger