Re[4]: Bandwidth Monitor

Wednesday, April 10, 2002, 3:34:47 PM, Gary Turner wrote:

> This from a non-hacker:

>         1.  Wouldn't a cron job, say hourly, cover you?  Have a script call
> ifconfig and extract the data to a log.  Your number crunchers could
> have a field day with all that info :-)

I like the idea, and it would give precisely the info I need, without
being complicated - with the exception of writing the script.

> Keep in mind that I may be exhibiting my ignorance, but reading this
> list tells me that anything and everything can be done with the right
> script.

Heh! My understanding of scripting in Linux is that if you can think of
it, a script can be written to accomplish it. Even things you didn't
think of can be accomplished.

And I thought MS DOS Batch Files were powerful back in the day. =]

--
  - Alan Poulton (apoulton@telus.net) -
But then again, what the heck do I know!