Re: dri causing hard lockups?

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 07:10:59PM -0600, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 06:46:31PM -0600, Matt Garman wrote:
> > Trying to use the DRI stuff is causing X to lockup.  In fact, the
>
> I have experienced this, but only while playing 3D-accelerated games.
> The system in question is an Athlon-750 with a G400.  It slows down
> Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any solution beyond "if it
> freezes when you play that game, then don't play it".

Yup, I've actually had this problem in the past, but ultimately came
to the same solution.  Fortunately, I'm not a gamer, and don't really
have any actual NEED for the 3d.  Some of those screensavers are
really cool though, xmms plugins and whatnot... :)

Thanks!
Matt

--
Matt Garman, matt@raw-sewage.net
``I ain't never seen no whiskey, the blues made my sloppy drunk!''