Re: Kernel Panic help

    "Paul" == Paul Mackinney <paul@mackinney.net> writes:

    Paul>   cramfs: bad magic Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root
    Paul> fs on 03:08

    Paul> which seems very much like an initrd kind of error. So
    Paul> what's going on?  In order that my trivial and humiliating
    Paul> error can be publicly exposed, My lilo.conf and make config
    Paul> file are attached.

I don't use initrd much (rather, I don't yet understand just what the
heck it is but the Debian prebuilt 2.4.x kernels introduced me to
them) , but your lilo.conf files had not intird file. You need a line
line like 'initrd=/initrd.img' pointing at your initrd file in the
stanza for your kernel.

Hope this helps....

/Shyamal