Re: dri causing hard lockups?

Matt Garman wrote:

> After installing those unofficial debs, I downloaded and installed the
> Matrox g400 series drivers from matrox's website (the filename is
> "mgadrivers-2.0.tar.gz").  This installed the following files:
>
> 	/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_drv.o (replacing the default)
> 	/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_drv_hal.o
> 	/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/mga_dri.so
>
> I'm not sure if that last one is in the right location.

Try going back to using mga_drv.o that ships with X4.1. Leave mga_drv_hal.o
in place. Remove mga_dri.so. I'm sure it's not meant to be there. See how you
get on.

> Well, if anyone has been down this road before, I'd be happy to hear
> your experiences!

Stock X4.1 works fine with the g450 in my experience. Certain matrox cards do
require it though. If you are still having problems after trying the above
you might want to try removing the matrox stuff entirely.

Simon Hepburn.