Re: simple exim questions

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 10:00:59PM +1030, David Purton wrote:
> You could run a pop3 server on your main box and then use whatever
> mail client to get mail that way
>
> We run this sort of setup at work - with exim and cucipop. Our various
> windoze boxes then just use the linux box as an smtp server and a pop
> server.
>
> Exim handles local delivery and offloads external deliveries to our
> isp mail server as a smart host.

Thank you for the suggestion, I've installed qpopper instead and
went back to my old masqmail configuration -- of course, there are
limitations but it works and that's what counts. It delivers mail to
the central machine (as well as to the outside world and localhost)
from where I can get it with fetchmail. Not exactly what I was
looking for but exim seems to be forbidden to beginners anyway.
Thanks for the effort of all of you but there really was no clear
answer that could help me continue with exim.

andrej