Re: simple exim questions

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 08:08:57AM -0800, Paul 'Baloo' Johnson wrote:

   > > I'm only trying to get exim to work with a simple configration but
   > > I'm confused as to what exactly I should tell eximconfig if that's
   > > enough to configure it. Would somebody help me please?
   >
   > Internet site with smarthost, and you'll be acting as a smarthost for
   > 192.168.0.0/24 if you use netmask 255.255.255.0 (which would give you
   > 192.168.0.*, or 255 IPs for your network).  If you recieve your email at
   > your ISP, you'll also want to get fetchmail and set that up for
   > systemwide use.  Otherwise, the part about what hostnames it should
   > accept email for should be self explanatory.

I too am interested in this set up. How does one set up exim to deliver
mails between two machines with IP's 192.168.0.1 and
192.168.0.2/3/4/etc? If I do not want to make any one machine in my
network as a smarthost, can exim be made to deliver the messages as and
when the respective machines are switched on? If so, can someone
please elaborate?

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                mas at uomphysics dot net

Tact, n.:
	The unsaid part of what you're thinking.