On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 12:20:50PM -0500, jeff wrote:
> hello folks...
> i'm trying to get my cdwriter to be recognized under
> seems like i can mount the /cdrom no prob...
> any pointers on how to create a device for the writer? it
> seems to detect it ok at boot but i can't mount the
if your CD-writer is ide you need:
1. the modules sg and ide-scsi installed in the kernel
(with modconf or insmod)
2. the packages: cdrecord mkisofs
for the CD-audio cdda2wav or cdparanoia
3. into lilo add this line:
append = "apm=on apm=power-of idebas=33 hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi max_scsi_luns=1"
don't forget to do /sbin/lilo
4. create the directory /cdrw
5. into the file fstab:
/dev/scd0 /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto 0 0
/dev/scd1 /cdrw iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto 0 0
6.create the synbolic link:
ln -s /dev/hdc /dev/cdrom
ln -s /dev/hdd /dev/cdrw
7. do cdrecord -scanbus to verify ...
man cdrecord mkisofs cdda2wav cdparanoia
- From: jeff <firstname.lastname@example.org>