Re: cdrw

High,

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, jeff wrote:

> hello folks...
>
> i'm trying to get my cdwriter to be recognized under
> debian...
>
> seems like i can mount the /cdrom no prob...

That's nice.

> any pointers on how to create a device for the writer? it
> seems to detect it ok at boot but i can't mount the
> sucker...

Well, you just said you can mount the /cdrom. Or is /cdrom not your
cdwriter?

I guess you want to write to the disc. Well, you need cdrecord for that.
If it is a scsi device, you can use cdrecord right away. However, if it is
an ide device, you have to play around with ide-scsi. See kernel
documentation for more information.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan