Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

> Again,  there is no excuse for racism in Debian.  Other packages have
> elided the inappropriate material in the past, as they should.  An IRC
> client has no business being racist.  Debian is a distribution that
> specifically caters to children; note the debian-junior project.  As it
> stands, your package is inappropriate to be on the box my daughter uses.

IMO, the correct decision would be for the Debian Jr. meta package to
conflict with anything that may be offensive. We have things like the
anarchy docs, bitchx, sex, etc. etc. etc.

Don't start a trend that we cannot stick to. Unless you really feel like
perusing the sources of everything (grep -ir fuck in the kernel source),
you should drop this now. Yes it sucks. Yes, a lot of people disagree
with such remarks, but freedom comes in many forms (including allowing
people to speak such nasty remarks).

Ben

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '