Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 03:52:04PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> IMO, the correct decision would be for the Debian Jr. meta package to
> conflict with anything that may be offensive. We have things like the
> anarchy docs

How are those offensive? I'm much, much more offended by bloated
software like gnome, but I can choose not to install it without
needing a metapackage.

If debian tries to decide what's offsensive, it will be messy. Can you
imagine the resulting flamewars? Some packages are obvious candidates
(bitchx, overkill, xevil), but there will surely be borderline cases
that people will bicker about about forever. Better to let the parents
decide.