Re: in what config file should I place 'setserial /dev/ttyS3 IRQ 5", and pon ?

* Vineet Kumar (debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net) [020312 13:05]:
> one of the package-provided initscripts. For setserial, you should be
> able to 'dpkg-reconfigure setserial' (as root) and have it "autosave
> once". This means that any changes you make to /etc/serial.conf this
> time will be saved when the system is brought down and restored each
> time it's brought up after that.

Let me correct myself: "autosave once" means that any changes you make
using setserial will be save in /etc/serial.conf, where settings will be
loaded from on each boot. You can always change /etc/serial.conf
directly, and those settings will be used thereafter (unless they're
clobbered by setserial's autosave at shutdown...).

I'm not sure it made it any clearer, but I think it's more correct.

good times,
Vineet

--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume/