Re: Nvidia Debian Kernel

* Jonathan Ard (jrard44@yahoo.com) [020312 08:38]:
> Hi, Kai,
> >
> > I apt-get source kernel-source-2.4.18
>
> Actually, I think you want to use "apt-get install
> kernel-source-2.4.18".  You are downloading the source to the kernel
> source package, which, as you say later, gives you files you don't
> need.  If you just apt-get install the kernel-source, it will put the
> kernel source tarred and zipped into /usr/src.  Bunzip2 and untar it.
> Now you will have a kernel-source-2.4.18 directory.  (I always move it
> to /usr/src/linux; but I don't know if you are suppose to or not).

You can do as you like; I generally leave them as
kernel-source-<version>, because I keep a few around at a time. If you
build and install a kernel-headers package, it sets up /usr/src/linux as
a symlink to the installed headers directory (i.e.
/usr/src/kernel-headers-<version> , IIRC).

good times,
Vineet

--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume/