Help! Stuck in apt-get

I have woody installed and just a few days ago I thought I would
replace gs-aladdin with gs. This has got me into trouble where I can't
proceed any further.

I get

gs: Depends: gs-common(>=0.2) but it is not installed
E: unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

When I try apt-get -f install

I get

dpkg: error processing /var/cache/.... gs-common
 trying  to overwrite '/usr/bin/bdftops' which is also in
 package ghostscript'

 I don't seem to be able to get past this. Fortunately , the system
 is still working. There is no package called ghostscript, so I do not
 know what package is being referred to. Though gs-aladdin is
 reported as being uninstalled, I presume, since the system is working
 and gs has not been installed, that the ghostscript part of aladdin
 has not been completely removed. The problem is: How do I get it to
 instll gs-common so that it can then install gs ?

 Thanks for any suggestions.

 Sebastian.
--
Sebastian Canagaratna