Hope Guideline from you friends

Hi Friends,
Well, will you please explain me how different between RedHat and Debian
Linux? Some people says that Debian Linux is most powerfull OS except all
other Linux palforms, is that true? I am going to learn Linux now I know SCO
Unix but I don't understand which Linux is good for me. I want to go in
Linux Administration and Script Programming. I want learn establish and run
we server. I am good C++ programer and also can write script in SCO Unix.
Hopping recent reply,
vitarag