RE: Help! Stuck in apt-get

Hi Sebastion,

Why not open up "dselect", go to "Select" and then press "/" to search
for "gs-common" and go up one line, then press "_" to purge the file.
Repeat the search and re-install "gs-aladdin" (do not forget that
gs-common must remain selected, it's just easier to search for gs-common
than for gs alone). Note that the action of uninstalling gs will
probably reveal what package depends on it. Next, Hit "enter" then
select "install" to install/remove the needed packages -- that should
get you back up and running. If problem persists, purge gs and use
"remove" then go back and re-install gs-aladin. I'm sorry that I do not
know the cli commands for apt as yet :<

HTH,

Sam Stern
Bethesda, MD, USA