Re: GnuCash vs MoneyDance

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 02:51:30PM -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:

> Personally, I would very much prefer to keep my system as free as
> possible. I'd much prefer to use gnucash over some other alternative,
> but so far I've found it severely lacking in one area, and that's
> importing bank statements via QIF. I use my Discover and American
> Express cards quite a bit, and entering each of those transactions into
> gnucash by hand would get very tedious very quickly. Other than that, I
> love gnucash. Unfortunately, for me at least, that's reason enough to
> start looking elsewhere.

I have a question about this.  I've just started using gnucash, so I
haven't gotten to the point of importing my bank statements (since it
hasn't been a month yet), but it seems like it has a working import
function (I tried it on an old month, but didn't actually do it, since it
would have confused things).

I've heard before that gnucash has problems when you import your monthly
statements, but never understood what that problem is.  Can you explain
this for me? I'd rather know what I'm up against when I get my bank
statements next month...
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/