Re: GnuCash vs MoneyDance

Ed Lawson <elawson@lawson-philpot.com> writes:
> On Sat, 09 Mar 2002 10:46:31 -0600
> hanasaki <hanasaki@hanaden.com> wrote:
>
>> Could people share the thoughts and experiences?  Thanks.
>
> MoneyDance is a multi platform Java app and commercial.
> It has many nice features, good support.
> I have used it for about a year and like it very much.
>
> I tried GnuCash and it seemed much less polished and capable
> compared to MoneyDance at the time.

GnuCash is DFSG-free, if that sort of thing appeals to you.  For what
I use it for, GnuCash works very well.  But then I don't try to print
checks or invoices or what not with it; I don't know if it supports
this at all (other people swear by equivalent features in non-free
software).  It also seems to be more suited towards double-entry-style
record-keeping than other systems, which appeals to me since I keep
paper records in a similar format.

I think I agree that GnuCash could use a bit of work in the polishing
department.  But if you just want something to keep records for you
and actively disbelieve in the features it doesn't have, it's great.
:-)

	-- Abra Mitchell