Re: GnuCash vs MoneyDance

hanasaki <hanasaki@hanaden.com> writes:
> Could people share the thoughts and experiences?  Thanks.

  I recently switched from Quicken to gnucash. In some respects it's far
  better than Quicken (as previously mentioned in the accounting
  department). I have no intentions of going back. I disagree that
  gnucash is not polished. Rather it still lacks a couple of features
  such as recurring payments (esp. mortgage). It does still crash
  occasionally and doesn't have checkpointing, so one does have to save
  often. But all in all, I still like it much better than Quicken.

  The beauty of gnucash is that your bug reports will actually be heard
  and acted upon. I've sent lots of bug reports in to Quicken over the
  past 7 years and none of them have been fixed.

  This is the first I heard about MoneyDance.

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!