Re: Enough time wasted, moving on

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 11:33:28PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	What _is_ the point of this message? Are you saying that woody
>  is not yet release quality? We know that already. Are you trying to
>  say installing Debian is harder than installing other distributions,
>  despite our recent efforts to make it easier? well, my response is
>      a) we may not have the same target audience that the other
>         distributions do -- despite our efforts to the contrary

Exactly.  Come to think of it after reading the title of this thread,
much more precious time was lost by the many who read and responded to
this thread :)

>      b) This is a volunteer effort. It works when people scratch their
>         itches, speaking in a software sense. Since this so obviously
>         bothers you, don't you think you should join in on the boot
>         floppies effort (debian-boot@lists.debian.org) and help with
>         making the install a better one? debian-user mails are not
>         really the most efficient ways to change things.

Yes. If it is usability issue, it should have been communicated with
respect to the volunteers and more diligent efforts by the reporter.

I do not recall any constructive suggestion to "installation manual"
proposed here.

"moving on ..." Cheers :)
Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D
Visit Debian reference http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/quick-reference/
There are 6 files: index.{en|fr|it}.html quick-reference.{en|fr|it}.txt
I welcome your constructive criticisms and corrections.