Re: Where do the plugins for galeon live?

--- stan <stanb@awod.com> (2002-03-03 01:30):
> On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 12:38:05AM +0100, Oliver Doepner wrote:
> > On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, stan wrote:
> > AFAIK galeon uses the mozilla plugins e.g.
> >
> > /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/javaplugin_oji.so
> > /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
> > /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libnullplugin.so
> >
> > the java plugin is included in the sdk or jre distribution. mozilla has
> > a special teechnique for installation of plugin. i remember that it was
> > something like *.xpi (?) files that you just need to "browse to" to
> > trigger automatic plugin installation.
> >
> I've found the java plugin, but I'm still looking for the other 2
> you have. Mind telling me where you got them?

The libnullplugin should come standard with mozilla, the Flash plugin
you can get from www.shockwave.com - just extract the file, and copy the
ShockwaveFlash.class and libflashplayer.so files to
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins (or wherever your plugins directory is -
usually under /usr/lib/mozilla if you use the .debs).

You'll have to restart mozilla/galeon to see the plugins - type
"about:plugins" in the address bar to see what plugins are loaded.

Cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Quinlan (smq@gmx.co.uk)