Re: YaOOQ (Yet another Open Office Question)

"Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> writes:

> on Fri, Feb 22, 2002, Timothy R. Butler (tbutler@uninetsolutions.com) wrote:
> > This may sound stupid, but is there an up-to-date Open Office package to be
> > had as a deb? I was thinking it might be nice to install it that way rather
> > than installing the OpenOffice.org binary which doesn't use package
> > management.
>
> AFAIK&C:  no.

Yes, it is: put the following line in your sources.list

   deb http://www.openoffice.de/debian/ potato main

then say:

   # apt-get update ; apt-get install openoffice

and more than 75 MB of Debian archives will flood your hard disk.

Good luck and greetings,
joachim