Re: mutt procmail NEWBIE

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 08:35:29AM -0900, jerry wrote:

> > Are you sure? SCHADUW=${MAILDIR}/schaduw does say it's in /home/snotty/Mail/schaduw??
> >
> No, not sure what you are using for a referance.

That's ok then; you had me there

> I should also mention, if mutt still complains about the files as
> not being a mailbox, you will have to delete and recreate them. As I
> mentioned earlier, I had this problem with /var/spool/mail/username
> not being a mailbox, so I had to delete the username file and send
> myself an email, the username file was recreated and mutt recognized
> it as such.
> jerry

I've gotten hold of the drill; echo>usernamebox; ae usernamebox. (The latter is for removing the final white-space; when Mutt works, I'll get to vi or emacs. They both scare me)

I think it's in the headers that procmail/fetchmail  delivers. I'll experiment on it and make sure to post if it works. Or when I get tired of it.

Goodday/evening
Thanks,
Frans