Re: Enough time wasted, moving on

Em Sáb, 2002-03-02 às 02:58, Harry Putnam escreveu:
> Carel Fellinger <cfelling@iae.nl> writes:
>
> > received valuable help and turns out to be okee afterall.  It appeared
> > that in the install he was adviced to use a certain driver for his
> > nic, turned out to be the wrong driver. Thanks to the list, he's back
>
> Close, but it was actually a helpful poster here who told me the RIGHT
> driver.  The install itself lists the wrong driver.  I can't find the
> notes I made at that step but on the screen it lists the NICs in one
> column and drivers across from them:
>
> nic1       somedriver
> nic2       someotherdriver
> nic3       yettaanotherdriver
> 3c509      WRONG ONE HERE

Mmm, I am quit used to install, 3com NICs and I humbly think you
mixed 509 with 905, there is nothing in the description of the 3c509
that says it should work with a 3c905.
The 3c509(B/TX) are old 10Mb ISA NICs, while you wher looking for the
3c905B
a 10/100 PCI NIC. The description of the 3c59x (your driver) talks
somewhere of "newer" drivers, which includes the 3c59x and the 3c9xx
(not cited, this is a real problem).

Michel.