Re: Enough time wasted, moving on

Carel Fellinger <cfelling@iae.nl> writes:

> received valuable help and turns out to be okee afterall.  It appeared
> that in the install he was adviced to use a certain driver for his
> nic, turned out to be the wrong driver. Thanks to the list, he's back

Close, but it was actually a helpful poster here who told me the RIGHT
driver.  The install itself lists the wrong driver.  I can't find the
notes I made at that step but on the screen it lists the NICs in one
column and drivers across from them:

nic1       somedriver
nic2       someotherdriver
nic3       yettaanotherdriver
3c509      WRONG ONE HERE

The right one is a few lines away and not apparent what it goes to.
I tried several and all were rejected.  After Sabastiaan tipped me
off what driver to get.  It worked.

That section of the install should probably be looked at, and I think
some said they were doing that very thing.