Re: Mail clients (and text editors)

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 04:53:02 -0300 Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 14:06:10 -0800
> "Eric G. Miller" <egm2@jps.net> wrote:
>
> > I dunno. Don't have it installed anymore.  Pretty recent version
> > of the non-claws version (last month or so).  The memory leak was
> > a slow but substantial one.  I was often leaving Sylpheed running
> > for days, but after a couple it would have about 50MB under its
> > process (and be starting to drag a little).  So, it's probably
> > a small leak (1K or less), that just adds up over time.
> ok, I'll talk to upstream about this

I saw this in 0.7.0.  Haven't seen it in 0.7.2, since I shut down
most userland programs before doing my nightly "apt-get upgrade".

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| 484,246 sq mi are needed for 6 billion people to live, 4   !
! persons per lot, in lots that are 60'x150'.                |
! That is ~ California, Texas and Missouri.                  !
! Alternatively, France, Spain and The United Kingdom.       |