Re: Mail clients (and text editors)

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 02:00:03 -0600

> > > I dunno. Don't have it installed anymore.  Pretty recent version
> > > of the non-claws version (last month or so).  The memory leak was
> > > a slow but substantial one.  I was often leaving Sylpheed running
> > > for days, but after a couple it would have about 50MB under its
> > > process (and be starting to drag a little).  So, it's probably
> > > a small leak (1K or less), that just adds up over time.
> > ok, I'll talk to upstream about this
>
> I saw this in 0.7.0.  Haven't seen it in 0.7.2, since I shut down
> most userland programs before doing my nightly "apt-get upgrade".

well,

from Hiroyuki:

"I think the bloat is because of the log messages in LogWindow
keeps growing (this is significant on IMAP4 because of the log
size). I've already got a patch to solve this by limiting the
log size (though it requires some modification), so it will be
solved in the near future."

maybe that's not leak, at all

[]s!

--