Re: Mail clients (and text editors)

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 06:30:17PM -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2002 21:56:23 -0800
> "Eric G. Miller" <egm2@jps.net> wrote:
>
> >   Possibly dead?
> >
> > > Sylpheed: (which I just read about on this list).
> >
> >   Works pretty well.  Is fairly lightweight.  I noticed it leaks a
> >   significant amount of memory over time (days).  No idea about
> >   IMAP support (think it's supported, don't know how well).
> what version? memory leaks should be fixed =P

I dunno. Don't have it installed anymore.  Pretty recent version
of the non-claws version (last month or so).  The memory leak was
a slow but substantial one.  I was often leaving Sylpheed running
for days, but after a couple it would have about 50MB under its
process (and be starting to drag a little).  So, it's probably
a small leak (1K or less), that just adds up over time.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>