Re: Mail clients (and text editors)

On 24 Feb 2002 20:28:56 +0000
Patrick Kirk <patrick@kirks.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 19:55, Bill Moseley wrote:
> > At 11:25 AM 02/24/02 -0800, Eric G. Miller wrote:
>

> > Although I read that IMAP can be slow if you have many mailboxes (I have
> > almost 100), and hundreds of messages a day.
> >

> I have the same problem.  The truth is that most mail cleints that claim
> to be IMAP compliant are simply unusable.  syplheed exposes a list of
> each and every item in the directory where the mail account lives.  so
> on one of my servers, syplheed shows over 500 items and I have to select
> my active mailboxes from that lot!

one of the Sylpheed-Claws' devel said:

"The "IMAP server directory" (on the Receive tab in acoount
settings) parameter can help in this case.  Put all mailboxes
under the same directory (e.g. ~/Mail) and enter the name of
that directory (relative to home, e.g. Mail in this case) as the
IMAP server directory."

I don't use/know IMAP, so I'm unable to help...

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org> * <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>