syncing debian packages on two machines

Hi... new debian user here...

I have a development debian box and production debian box
and I want the packages installed on each synced.

For the moment, I'm fine with the production box have the
exact same packages installed as the development box.
Unfortunately, I've used dselect on both machines to do the
original install and the machines are now out of sync.

So, you do I sync the package list on both machines easily?
automated?

I'm assuming that people must deal with this problem all the
time, so I figured I'd ask here...

Thanks

--pk