Re: (OT) chicago

Juhan Kundla <juhan.kundla@mail.ee> writes:

> Greetings to antipodes..
>
> [tons of haba-haba about cars/trains/trucks/jumbos/whatever skipped]
>
> Gee, i am glad, i live in country small enough to bicycle around it...
> :)

Not if Americans lived there, it wouldn't be... my town's probably no
bigger than the Chicago loop in area and yet walking or biking it would
mean eventually getting run over. I tried walking about 4 blocks
the other day and got taunted while crossing the 4 lane road in from my
my apartment, which I had to do in three parts: right turn lane on S
side, center lanes and right turn lane on N. There aren't any sidewalks
or bike lanes either.

Peace.