Re: Exim configuration

* Tim Dijkstra (tdykstra@science.uva.nl) wrote:
> R.Pac wrote:

<snip>
> > eximconfig talks about a visible name for the system is itmy ISP domain
> > name ?
>

> No it's the name of your machine. Probably something like:
> yourusername.yourisp.net .

Not exactly, since that would imply that your machine is part of your ISP's system.  I think what you need to do is make up a domain name for yourself, and append your hostname to it.  e.g. my "domain name" is ellisonet, and my hostname is treehouse, so: treehouse.ellisonet. If you look in exim.conf, you will see that the first uncommented line contains "qualify_domain =".  That is where your host plus "domain name" goes.

You are probably better off getting someone else's exim.conf, and amending it, rather than trying to use eximconfig.  Phil Brutsche used to have a good one posted on his website.  I don't have the URL handy, but a Google search will find it for you.

I suggest you read the manual (or portions thereof), though it's a very long slog.  Exim is extremely good, but complex, and not for the faint of heart.

Good luck

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.