Re: Exim configuration

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 06:19:30 -0800 (PST)
Paul 'Baloo' Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, R.Pac wrote:
>
> > how do I configure Exim with eximconfig if  I'm behind a firewall ?
> > is there something special to do ? If I want to use my ISP's smtp
> > server ? or should I use exim as smpt server directly ?
>
> Both.  Run eximconfig, select Internet System with Smarthost, your
> smarthost is your ISPs mail server.  If you can recieve connections on
> port 25 from the outside world and plan on receiving mail on this
> system, I'd also recommend adding this after you run eximconfig to
> /etc/exim/exim.conf (you'll see where it goes if you look)

[...]

Thanks for responding.
Obviously, any machines that use us as a smarthost have to be excluded
from the relaying controls, as using us to relay mail for them is the
whole point.

Are there any networks of local machines you want to relay mail for?

If there are any, enter them here, separated with spaces or commas. You
should use the standard address/length format (e.g. 194.222.242.0/24)
If there are none, say `none'.

I dont understand the question.
Hox  should I answer this ?

eximconfig talks about a visible name for the system is itmy ISP domain
name ?

"Are there any domains you want to relay mail for---that is,"
what is it ?

See you
Pac