Re: spamassassin. CAREFUL ON UPGRADE

* dman (dsh8290@rit.edu) wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 08:13:48AM -0800, Cam Ellison wrote:
> | * Brian Clark (brianj@fusionwerks.com) wrote:
> | > * Cam Ellison (camellison@dccnet.com) [Feb 15. 2002 18:59]:
> | >
> | <snip>

> | > What version are you using? I'm running 2.01.
> |
> | So am I.
>
> Wrong file, then.  Put your config in /etc/spamassassin/local.cf for
> version 2.01.  (/etc/spamassassin.prefs was a template for creating
> user configs in version 1.5)

dman, you are unfailingly helpful.  That's the one file that was untouched.

<snip>
> Using 'spamassassin' or the "spamc/spamd" combo works the same (aside
> from system load).  In either case, for user configs, run the filter
> as the user.  This is a bit difficult with exim, so I have it run a
> user mail and use site-wide config only (and, since I'm the only user
> at this site, it works just as well).  spamc has a supposedly
> deprecated option "-u" to specify the user whose config should be
> used.

I have not explored that.  Since spamassassin is a perl script, it takes longer to run.  I only get a couple of hundred messages a day, but it adds up.

> Try putting your threshold level in /etc/spamassassin/local.cf,
> restart spamd, and see if piping a message through spamc gives the
> expected result.

I have done that, and will keep you posted.

Thank you

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.