Re: SpamBouncer

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 08:12:13AM -0800, Craig Dickson wrote:
> begin  stan  quotation:
>
> > I've been usnig it for 5+ years, and I really don't have that problem.
> > Do you have proper procmail recipies for all you mailing lists?
>
> Not all of them, intentionally,because some lists (such as debian-user)
> receive spam, and I want that filtered out.
>
> > What sorst of messges are you getting "false postives" on? What's
> > SpamBouncer doing with them? Blocj folder?
>
> Block folder, yes. It's quite a mix. Some people send mail to lists with
> a Big5 or other foreign language indicated in the headers even though
> the message is actually in English (sheer sloppiness on their part), and
> those get blocked. Also, some of the IP matching for "rogue sites" and
> "habitual spammers" catches people it shouldn't. Almost anything from
> Australia gets nailed by the "Telstra block" rule, for example.
>
> I also find that without pattern matching enabled, a lot of spam gets
> through, but pattern matching also catches a lot of things it shouldn't.
> Once, someone mentioned buy.com in a message, and SpamBlocker
> immediately flagged it as spam. I've been trying to adjust the initial
> scores for some of the patterns to make them behave better, and that's
> improved things, but it's still not perfect, and I doubt it ever will
> be.

Fair enough.

I _do_ have all my lists sorted out prior to calling the main routines, and
that works pretty well. OK, so some the lists do recieve spam, but I read
the lists in mutt with threading turned on, so they really stick out like
sore thumbs, and I never look at them.

I susgest you try seting it up that way. Works _great_ for me.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin