Re: SpamBouncer

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 07:47:30PM -0800, Craig Dickson wrote:
> begin  Blars Blarson  quotation:

> > >dunno
> >
> > Me neither.  Since what it does is bombard the victim the spammer forged
> > in the headers, hopfully it's dead and won't be revived.
>
> That's not really fair. There is an option in the program to do that,
> but it's not turned on by default. Mostly SpamBouncer is a spam blocker.
> I've been experimenting with it recently; it does okay, but it's hard
> to get it to block all spam without also blocking a lot of legit stuff.

I've been usnig it for 5+ years, and I really don't have that problem.
Do you have proper procmail recipies for all you mailing lists?

The only other thing I can think of that might be different for you than me,
is that I'm pretty agressive in comunicating to people that I desire to receive
mail from how to send "proper" email (eg not hTML etc.)

What sorst of messges are you getting "false postives" on? What's
SpamBouncer doing with them? Blocj folder?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin