Re: SpamBouncer

begin  stan  quotation:

> I've been usnig it for 5+ years, and I really don't have that problem.
> Do you have proper procmail recipies for all you mailing lists?

Not all of them, intentionally,because some lists (such as debian-user)
receive spam, and I want that filtered out.

> What sorst of messges are you getting "false postives" on? What's
> SpamBouncer doing with them? Blocj folder?

Block folder, yes. It's quite a mix. Some people send mail to lists with
a Big5 or other foreign language indicated in the headers even though
the message is actually in English (sheer sloppiness on their part), and
those get blocked. Also, some of the IP matching for "rogue sites" and
"habitual spammers" catches people it shouldn't. Almost anything from
Australia gets nailed by the "Telstra block" rule, for example.

I also find that without pattern matching enabled, a lot of spam gets
through, but pattern matching also catches a lot of things it shouldn't.
Once, someone mentioned buy.com in a message, and SpamBlocker
immediately flagged it as spam. I've been trying to adjust the initial
scores for some of the patterns to make them behave better, and that's
improved things, but it's still not perfect, and I doubt it ever will
be.

Craig