Re: Email client programs

Craig Dickson wrote:
> If good IMAP support was common in mail clients, I'd probably be more
> inclined to explore it, but in my experience many clients either don't
> support IMAP, or the support is limited and/or buggy.

  it's getting better, IMO it's a lot simler than file storage support
(mbox, maildir) because you don't have to worry about file locking
(which never really works) and similar issues (file corruption when
error occurs during moment file is in bad state for an error to occur:-)

  in netscape the IMAP folders have basically same functionality as
native folders (even more, depending on IMAP server), in mutt it looks
similar (almost as good as native folders (maybe even the same, I am not
sure)), the other ones I haven't tried for few month, evolution
certainly looked good, mozilla is somewhat better netscape (good IMAP
support, IIRC)...

  and no, I am not paid by IMAP lobby, I am just extatic about how it
works (together with fetchmail, postfix and cyrus sieve and deliver).
all fairly simple programs, each focused on one thing, forming extremely
flexible system...

	erik