Re: Email client programs

Brian Nelson wrote:
 Sylpheed is supposed to be a nice GUI mailer, though I haven't tried
it.
> Evolution is supposedly out of beta, though I wouldn't be surprised if
> it crashed a lot, as you mentioned.  KMail has weak IMAP support.
> Mozilla Mail is still too buggy, as is Balsa.  Netscape 4.anything
> sucks.

  what's this netscpae 4.x bashing I see repeatedly? IMO it's a fairly
good email client, stable (well, as stable as browser and it's really
only stable when you disable java), has the main MUA features... I use
it as my main MUA and the only problem I can see is that it does not
check all the IMAP folders for new eamil (it only checks INBOX). It has
one huge advantage over outlook though - it can open a URL in new window
which seems impossible in outlook.

  netscape is pretty basic as far as functionality goes but we're
talking about outlook replacement, not mutt replacement...

  I have tried most of other main MUAs available that support IMAP
(evolution, kmail, mozilla, mutt etc.) and still find netscape 4.x most
useful - most other are fairly unstable (most gui based ones), not
likeable (pine, but that's just personal preference) or have other
important problems... about the only one I haven't tried is gnus...

	erik