Re: Email client programs

Erik Steffl wrote:

>   IMO the MUA should not handle storage of email, so this is a non an
> issue:-) [the real causality goes in the other way]

Well, the MUA should not have to worry about retrieval from POP servers.
That's fetchmail's job. But certainly the MUA is the thing for
interactively moving mails from one folder to another.

>   the problem with text based MUAs is that you cannot see
> folders/index/message at the same time... (AFAIK, haven't found it in
> mutt or pine)

Right, AFAIK you can't do that in mutt. On the other hand, I don't find
that essential. GKrellM shows me the number of new messages in each
folder (if I'm working in X), and anyway moving back and forth between
the folder index, message index, and message pager isn't so awful. Mutt
shows messages at the bottom of the screen if new mail arrives in any
folder, which helps.

Craig