Re: What's a debian kid look like?

on Tue, Dec 25, 2001, Phillip Deackes (gsmh@gmx.co.uk) wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Dec 2001, Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> > Phillip Deackes wrote:
> > > On 24 Dec 2001 17:44:44 -0500

> >   I did not write that, it was written in a response to my email.
> >

> Sorry, Erik. I thought I had sorted all the nested quotes and arrived at
> the author of the quote - and this where we all correctly bottom-post.
> Goodness knows how they do it where everyone top-posts!

That's easy:  I delete the posts ;-)

And I won't say a thing, not a thing, about reposting articles to lists
which shall remain nameless, formatted so that they're actually
***FUCKING READABLE***....and taking the opportunity to replace "leader"
with "monopolist" in "about Microsoft" portions of press releases.  No,
not a thing.

> I assumed a single > before 'xxxx wrote' would match up to a single >
> before a response.

No.  See above:

    on Tue, Dec 25, 2001, Phillip Deackes (gsmh@gmx.co.uk) wrote:
    > On Tue, 25 Dec 2001, Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote:

...the attribution line is the _current_ author's addition.  So, I say
"on date, foo wrote", but foo is quoted as "> what foo wrote".  Above,
Phillip wrote that Erik wrote....

> Maybe somewhere along the line the attribution got mangled.

Looks like it was your doing.  Your attribution lines themselves are
wrapping, whihc may be part of the problem.

> Then looking at your post I think I have got it wrong. No quote before
> 'xxx wrote' matches single quote before comments.

Yes.

> I think I have eaten and drunk too much!!

It could be worse.  You could have drunk and eaten too much ;-)

Peace.

We freed Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA! http://www.freesklyarov.org