Re: What's a debian kid look like?

On 24 Dec 2001 17:44:44 -0500

> Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> writes:

> No, but when a business chooses degenerate mail and forces everyone to
> use it, I'd be pretty suspicious of high-level idiocy within the
> business.

It is about *choice* not just your choice but that of others working in
the company too. Imagine if each employee had a different opinion - there
are a plethora of different OSs and MUAs out there - and if each employee
was this dogmatic. I am ICT Coordinator in a school, so I am in a position
where I could move from Windows NT4/Windows 98 to a Linux solution, but I
must consider the opinions, however misguided, of other users in the
school. Democracy is like that. The majority opinion is in a great many
cases not the best opinion.

Are you like this when your company offers you a company car? Would you
resign because it was not the car you would have preferred?

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Debian Linux

/"\