SOLVED(2) Exim.conf help

Paul Mackinney muttered:

OK, this seems to be working, using the default smarthost setup, I added
an entry _above_ the smarthost: entry in the ROUTERS CONFIGURATION
section, so it looks like this:

  localnet:
    driver = domainlist
    transport = remote_smtp
    route_list = foo2 192.168.1.51 byname

  # Send all mail to a smarthost

  smarthost:
    driver = domainlist
    transport = remote_smtp
    route_list = "* mail.myisp.com bydns_a"

  end

The only non-default labels in the above are foo1, foo2, mail.myisp.com,
and the TCP/IP addresses.

Also, foo1 and foo2 both have hosts entries for each other, and foo2's
route_list line is
    route_list = foo1 192.168.1.50 byname

I'm sure this could be improved (would be nice to not have to use the
hard TCP/IP addresses), but it does what I want. Now local mail
between foo1 and foo2 never leaves my home LAN, and both can send
messages to anyone via my ISP.

BTW: The reason I want to use the smarthost setting instead of having
my boxen make direct SMTP connections is that since I'm paying the ISP,
why not let their servers do all the retries, etc.?  Occasionally I do
turn my system off...

Paul
--
Paul Mackinney       |   Who profited from Sept 11?
paul@mackinney.net   |   http://www.copvcia.com/